You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "aramass" started this thread

Reg: May 9th 2009

Monday, September 28th 2009, 7:23pm

Clomid and unexplained

Hello
Have any of you been given clomid for unexplained? I've been given the prescription for clomid but have been too scared to do anything with it yet! According to tests I ovulate but my cycles seem to be all over the place at the mo. I suffer from chronic PMT and am worried that Clomid will send me even more pyscho!

I'm also doing acupuncture (maybe that's sending my cycles round the bend). Don't really know what to do.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Reg: Nov 28th 2007

Monday, September 28th 2009, 8:27pm

hi
i also have unexplained not been given clomid yet but i think that will be the next step
i think some ladies on here have been given clomid with unexplained
hope it works for you
good luck, sure someone will be along soon who is more use than me!

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Monday, September 28th 2009, 10:12pm

Hi aramass,

I've bin thrown recently into the "unexplained" category too but been told that as my af's are pretty regular that clomid would be of no use.

I'v not long started acupuncture and was told that a side effect of it is that it can knock your af out by a week either way until your body gets into the swing of things :rolleyes:

If you have worries about taking clomid i'm sure there's lots of threads on :FZ which will help you make the best decision for you. :goodnews: I'v just had another round of blood tests done as originals were done 18 months ago and still hoping something like clomid could help me and if i was prescribed it i'd be taking it tomorrow.

Good luck on your BFP journey... :goodluck:

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 8:40pm

Thanks ladies.

Puppy: that's reassuring re the acupuncture sending your cycle out of synch. That would explain things. How are you finding the acupuncture? Are you doing the herbs as well?

I've missed my chance to do clomid this month anyhow as didn't make it to the pharmacy in time.
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: None, M/C Nov 08; M/C May 09; M/C June 10

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 10:59pm

I've got unexplained and regular cycles. The Clomid gave me mood swings, sweating and shortened my cycles by around 4days to a 28 day cycle. I was anovulatory and it did make me ovulate when I was taking it but no BFPs on it.

I started acupuncture last sept and was pregnant within the first month, unfortunately miscarried but have since been pregnant again [another m/c]. My first cycle wasn't as smooth as it could have been but they settled down quite quickly.

HTH
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c
3/16Hashimotos''s and peri-menopausal

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 11:23pm

hi aramass - i'm finding the acupuncture quite relaxing, 1st sesh was needles down my spine and two on my feet. 2nd and 3rd sesh were needles on my tum and couple on my feet. Yeah i'm taking the herbs too and so is DH! AF arrived 21st Sept and having lotsa fun [zx084] keeping things x'd for this month. I had a call from my Cons at hospital on monday of this week who's now saying that my blood test for Sept showed i'd ovulated but obviously i wasn't lucky - a BFN. Hey not to worry there's always this month. He said he's not going to repeat any more blood tests and he'd recommend we go straight to IVF but i don't qualify for NHS funding because i'm 38 and referral for me had to be by 37! He said to appeal and he'll back DH and I and sign any necessary paperwork. It'll be a long drawn out rocky road but keeping everything x'd a little miracle happens meantime! Hope you've made the chemist for your prescription? x

hi Diaemus - good to hear you've had a BFP after your acupuncture, gives me a little hope that nice things do happen and maybe i just need to relax a bit more (how many times have i heard that :tired:) x

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Reg: Jul 9th 2009

Children: dd 11 stroppy but lovely!ds 6 adorable was prematu

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 1:19pm

RE: Clomid and unexplained

hi i'm unexplained but been given clomid.like you i'm scared to start it!my acupuncturist doesnt want me to start it as i ovulate.not sure what to do.dont fancy getting side effects but after 2yrs desperate for a bfp!

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 2:03pm

Hiya I was given clomid jan 08 for 6 months....i too ovulate every month, but when i asked why i was given clomid my cons just said i may not ov every month and not produce healthy follicles, follicles have to grow to a certain size (over 16mm) to produce a mature egg.

I was ok on these tablets i was on 100mg, i did get a few hot flushes and a few mood swings but nothing serious, i was scanned 3 times a month to meaurse the follicles and to check after ov if i had any cysts. I would not take this drug if they dont provide scans every month.

Clomid has worked for a lot of people so i would at least try....you never know it could work for you.

Good luck x

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 3:02pm

thank you i want to give it a go.i think you always kind of think there may be a miracle cure around the corner.i just cant work out why i cant conceive!its driving me mad evn though i've had hsg i'm still worried theres something wrong.i'm being started on 50mg of clomid so maybe side effects wont be to bad!

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 5:09pm

I also have no explanation for my infertility, and after laparoscopy have been given prescription for 4 months of Clomid 50g. I have been scared to take it, but I did it - I am on my first month. I had some pains and cramps, I had some nausea in the first half of the month, then really bad pain around ovulation time, to the point, that I could barely stand straight up and I think I could feel the follicle burst, after which the pain subsided. My usual cycle is around 28 days, so being day 25 I am not too far off.

I have been ovulating on my own, and had fairly regular cycles, no more than +/-2 days from average.

I too can't understand why 2 years later we still have no baby, had HyCoSy, which didn't work properly, but they discovered a small cyst, so that is why I got laparoscopy. But then I was given all clear, with consultant informing me that there was no problem.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 5:47pm

heres hoping it works!if i had a cyst or something would it show on hsg?i'm also worried if i have scarring from my csection.my mind was put to rest after the hsg was clear but i'm worrying again now!i think its hard sometimes not having any answers.clomid doesnt sound that nice!

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 8:33pm

My acupuncturist told me there was no point in taking the clomid but the RE told me that it's not a dead cert that I ovulate and that the positive blood test could have been an exceptional month.

Just lately (last 6 months) I've stopped getting positive OPKs, also I don't seem to get EWCM. So it could have been a one off.

With the acupuncture last month I definitely felt strange ovarian movements so I think that it at least made me ovulate this time round!

I'm undecided as to whether to go acupuncture with very expensive herbs or try the clomid. I've got time to try it all I suppose as I won't qualify for free IVF until next October as you have to wait 3 years with unexplained where I live. There's always an obstacle isn't there???

It's reassuring to hear there are other unexplained ladies out there. it's so frustrating isn't it? My chinese acupuncturist made me burst into PMT hysterics the other day saying that 'some women are trees but you are a shrub but must still do your gardening'. I burst into tears like a mad women and then realised on exit that I still had a needle sticking out of my head! One of the few comic moments in this TTC malarky!
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 9:22pm

i'm not sure about ivf as i've been pregnant 3times although not for 6years!its a lot of money,time and emotionally intense.i'm really hoping we might get there naturally.i'm pretty sure i ovulate as i get pains and had 2lots of bloods.i'm sort of hoping my eggs arent mature or something and the clomid will sort it out!although i really dont want to take clomid and heard it can destroy the womb lining.sometimes it seems so hard.

Mari70

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: none

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 8:59am

I had a miscarriage two weeks after the positive test. I was given 1 cycle of clomid which produced a pregnancy which ended very early on - only around 6 -7 weeks.

Finally, it did´t work and I decided to try IVF. However , we were told that I had around 1% chance of success with my own eggs..

xxxMari ?(

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE