You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "WannabeaMum" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Children: Hopefully some day

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 7:30pm

Newbie awaiting AF so I can start FSH for OI

Hello :smile:

I'm Alice. I'm new to posting on the forum although I've been lurking for a while now! You are all so supportive of each other, and I've found myself checking your threads frequently, so I thought I should come out of the shadows.

We've been TTC for 5 and a half years. My BMI is high, so we've not been able to start formal fertility treatment until now. I had a gastric band last summer to help my fertility, and so far I've got my BMI down to 35 from 42... so now at last I can get going!

I have PCOS and recurrent endometrial hyperplasia. I've had about 5 hysteroscopys and D&Cs, had a lap&dye, had ovarian drilling, and had about 5 rounds of clomid with no ovulation.

I'm at the Oxford Fertility Unit (of course, no NHS funding because of my BMI), and we've decided to go for Ovulation Induction with Gonal F injections. I haven't had AF since my last D&C in May, so took Progesterone suppositories which finished on Monday and now I'm waiting for AF to arrive so I can start stimming...

I'm so excited but also so so terrified! My delivery from the drug company arrived yesterday and I was a total wreck, crying all over the place - I think I was just overwhelmed that this is actually happening!!

A good friend of mine had OI two years ago - and has a beautiful set of triplets as a result, so I'm very aware of the possibilities of multiples!

OK so I'm rambling on a bit! Hello, and I look forward to joining you on this well-travelled path :smile:

Alice xx
Me - 33, DH - 39

6x Ovulation Induction using injectables: 1x Chemical Preg, 5xBFN

1st ICSI Feb 2011 - Tested early - BFP! but BFN by OTD

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, October 16th 2009, 9:27am

Just wanted to say welcome to FZ and your right in this being a supportive site,.
I'm sorry I can't help with your personal situations at the moment, but many on here will be able to :smile:
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

• "WannabeaMum" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Children: Hopefully some day

Friday, October 16th 2009, 10:33am

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not sure but I think AF might be on her way. TMI alert, but it's hard to know when to start the stimming injections. Supposed to be cd2. The last 2 days, I've had spotting on wiping at night which I've just ignored. Today, it's still only on wiping but much more than spotting... Hmm do I call this cd1 or do I wait till it's properly flowing...? When I was on clomid, I would call this cd1. But I don't want to mess this up!

Good grief, I am over analyzing everything!! Tell me it's not just me!! Who would have thought I'd be sat there, inspecting my toilet tissue, then running to describe it on an Internet forum full of strangers??! lol!

Alice xx :smile:
Me - 33, DH - 39

6x Ovulation Induction using injectables: 1x Chemical Preg, 5xBFN

1st ICSI Feb 2011 - Tested early - BFP! but BFN by OTD

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, October 16th 2009, 12:46pm

Alice you're completely normal in the world of FZ, haha, we all do it, and think the same things! :snigger:

Thats why we're all nutters!! :happy:

I asked this question for bloods reasons the other day, and was told, it's the morning you wake up with full flow of red when you go toilet, so I'd say you're not on AF yet ?( :smile:
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

klmcm80

Reg: Nov 10th 2008

Children: belfast

Friday, October 30th 2009, 4:04pm

HI ALICE,My name is kelly-lou i am attending the royal fertility unit in northern ireland.i have been on a waiting list to try for oi for nearly8 months since clomid failed me.lol.i have my appointment for the 4th of november to get started.Not really looking forward to the whole injecting myself but its a small price to pay!.i am down to 13st 8lb and had been upto 14.8 and i believe loosing a littlwe bit of weight might help me moree,i suffer pcos and my partner is perfectly fine.i will be keeping note of your progress as you are starting round the same time as myself and it would be nice to have a buddy!.

good luck and baby dust.x

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE