You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Caraz

• "Caraz" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Monday, October 26th 2009, 5:07pm

Clomid and Thin Endometrial Lining

Having spoken to the clinic this morning, I now have a whole new thing to worry about. I mentioned that my periods have got a lot lighter and shorter (down to only 4 days of very light flow) each month on clomid (1 month 50mg, now on third month 100mg, CD5). The CD12 scan last time showed a lining of only 4mm :sadface:

Question for all you knowledgable ladies - how long does the lining carry on growing? I didn't ovulate until CD19 last cycle (CD16 the previous one) - would that have been long enough to develop a better lining, because from what I have just read, a 4mm lining has virtually no hope of maintaining an embryo :sadface:

The clinic have told me to carry on every month with the clomid while we wait for IVF in a few months time, but I'm worried now that even if an egg manages to get fertilized, it won't have a chance of sticking. I asked if there was anything I could do to improve the lining and was basically told no. Only other option is injections instead of clomid, at £900 a cycle.

Any thoughts please - anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Monday, October 26th 2009, 6:19pm

RE: Clomid and Thin Endometrial Lining

Hi Caraz,

It is likely that your uterine lining would continue to develop further in the remaining days leading up to ovulation, especially as you are one 100mg of Clomid. But it would have been helpful to have repeated the scan after D12 knowing that you did not ovulate the previous cycle until D19, a whole week later. They have only done half the scanning job in stopping so soon.

There is no way of knowing where it would have got to, but if you have a good, high progesterone in this cycle, then this would be a good sign that implantation is likely. See if your Unit will at least do this.

Good luck

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Caraz

• "Caraz" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 8:14am

RE: Clomid and Thin Endometrial Lining

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, it is very helpful to know that the lining would have carried on developing!

My progesterone was 14 at the CD21 test (1 or 2 days after ovulation), and they repeated the test because I ov'd late - CD27, progesterone = 106. They told me I had probably released 2 eggs (I had one 17mm and two 12mm follicles on CD12).

That was the second cycle on 100mg - I am only on day 6 of the third cycle, no scans or tests planned for this time, as they are happy I am ovulating.

Does the progesterone level also give an indication of the quality of endometrial lining then, i.e. high level suggests a good thickness, despite the light periods?

Thanks,
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Hyacinth

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: Twin girls born May 2010

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 8:31am

I had a very thin lining on all my scans when I was on clomid and was commenced on oestrogen tablets, which to be honest did improve things a bit, but I'm not sure if all clinics do this.
Me: PCOS DH: SA normal

Oct 08 - March 09 = 6x cycles of Clomid all :BFN:

started Ovulation Induction

June 09:Menapur 75 and Pregnyl - :BFN:

July 09: Menapur 150 and Pregnyl - :BFN:
Oct 2009 :Menapur 150 + 225 and Pregnyl - :BFP: :girl: :girl:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 12:22pm

Hiya,

I had very short AF's on clomid too.

Wow!! Progesterone 106!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE