Unread posts

Klimt

• "Klimt" started this thread

Reg: Jun 5th 2009

Children: hopefully

Friday, June 5th 2009, 8:46pm

treatment for single women at Fiv Madrid

Hi
I´m new to all this and am hoping I will be able to do IVF with sperm donor as I'm 43 and single, but it may need to be egg donation with sperm donation. Anyway, am looking for a clinic which will accept a single woman for this and have been recommended Fiv Madrid by my doctor in Uk and have also read some really good stuff about them in chats. I would appreciate any comments on this clinic.

any help appreciated,
Thanks
Klimt

AbbyP

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 11th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful boy born Jan '11

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 8:13am

Hi Klimt,

Welcome to FZ, there's loads of help and advice here.

I am also considering FIV Madrid, having done lots of research into clinics in Spain I found them to be the most helpful, understaning and reasonably priced. Having said that I haven't been there yet but suggest you email them. There's a lovely English lady called Julie who's my contact there and she's been great.

Good luck, let us know how you get on xx
After 5 IVF & DIVF our miracle DS was born in Jan 2011.
2 failed in 2013. Last ditch attempt Mar 15 :BFP: !!! Woohoo!

Now dedicated to helping others achieve their dream.
For more info visit nurtureme.uk

Klimt

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 10:00am

Thanks for this Abby,
Am going to write to her this week. Can I write directly to Julie or do I have to write to the Clinic and put FAO Julie or something like that??? Can you tell me anything else about them ?? Were yoiu able to talk to Julie personally on the phone??

Sorry, so many questions, am just starting this whole thing and I feel as if I know nothing. Am reading lots in the chats and am amazed how much people know.

thanks so much for getting back to me.
Klimt

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, June 12th 2009, 7:08pm

Hey

Welcome to FZ! I'm not sure if this will be of any interest to you or not but I have just come across an 'Embryo Adoption' programme at the Institut Marques in Barcelona.

This is the web address http://www.institutomarques.com

I am looking to go there for egg donation as my clinic links with them, they look very impressive!

:goodluck: with your journey.

Love Gracie

PS, I see you are a Farnborough girl, is that Farnborough, Hants?

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Klimt

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 6:14pm

Hi Gracie,
Thanks for getting back to me - I checked out IM too and I agree they look good but too expensive for me. I've taken the plunge and have made an appointment for my first viist at FivMadrid mid July - they also hav an embryo adoption programme, in case I take that route. Am very excited, although quite apprehensive too . Anyway, will let you know how I get on. Let me know how you get on at IM. Can compare notes!!
Good Luck
klimt

Reg: Dec 7th 2008

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 8:29pm

Fiv and the single woman

Hi Klimt,

I had treatment at FIV January of this year (with a partner's sperm). It was while I was there that I noticed in all their brochures how positive and forward thinking they were when it came to offering older women and single women treatment there. As opposed to some British clinics that remain somewhat old fashioned and hostile. I wish you all the best with your appointment, I'm sure you'll be happy with the service. Try for Doctor Gomez, as he's the one everyone is happiest with!

Just one thing to note, if you do opt for the embryo donation, there's a smaller success rate with frozen embryos. You're more likely to be successful with the egg and sperm donation.

All the best,

FM

Klimt

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 11:17pm

RE: Fiv and the single woman

Hi Fullmonty,

thanks for this advice and the tips - it all really helps. I too was rather pleasantly surprised by their open welcome to 'any woman who wishes to become a mother' - it's engravd on my memory and they even mention and welcome hetero, single and gay women, both on the website and in their written blurb. Good on them I have to say! Not that usual at all. When you talk about egg and sperm donation, you mean a fresh cycle, don't you?? I too noticed this on the information Julie sent through but there is also quite a difference in price.
Thanks for the help
Klimt

Reg: Aug 21st 2009

Children: none

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 3:41pm

RE: Fiv and the single woman

Hi Klimt
Just found your thread from June, wondered how things went? I have had my first appt for egg/sperm donation in Barcelona and waiting for the green light for egg transfer. Hope to be pregnant by Xmas, but depends on the donor.... God bless her! My clinic also gladly accepted me (single, 44 yrs old). I didn't bother with my own eggs, thought my money was better spent on a younger lady's eggs. How do you feel about no genetic link? Would be interested to know. I haven't shared my decision with anyone, so no-one to talk to!
Karen x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE